What is Zeolite?
This naturally occurring mineral was formed aeons ago when volcanic ash fell into saltwater lagoons.
Zeolite has many advantages over normal sand-filter sand due to its structure and porosity.
With its open structure Zeolite has a surface area over 1000 times greater than filter sand. Additionally, Zeolite helps strip ammonia from the water by absorption, and removes metals by ionic attraction.
- Filtration to Diatomaceous Earth (DE) standards or better, with the convenience of sand
- Reduces chemical usage and enhances chlorine performance
- Reduces pool odour, eye and skin irritation
- Zeolite offers savings in the cost of maintaining pool water in optimal condition
- Keeps your pool sparkling clean - as clean as a DE filter (2-3 micron filtration)
Zeolite lasts much longer than ordinary filter sand
- Simple to install, and it works in all sand-filters
- Filters need only half the weight of Zeolite compared to sand i.e.- if your filter takes 100Kg of sand you need only 50Kg of zeolite
All the benefits for 35 Euros per sack of 25 kilos (collected from our premises - ask us for shipping costs).
Zeolite is the most advanced filter new media to be introduced to the Swimming Pool industry in many years.
Zeolite is not just another Filter Media, it is the ultimate Filter Media.
Unlike sand ,an inert, non-chemically active media, which filters by physical entrapment only, Zeolite works in many ways:
Zeolite - The Ultimate Media
- Filters by Physical Entrapment
- Filters by Ionic Attraction.
- Filters by Electrostatic Charge.
- Removes Ammonia by Absorption (the main source of ammonia in pools is urine).
- Has 1000+ times the filter area when compared to Sand.
- Filters out particles as small as 2-3 microns
- Reduces the need for pH correction chemicals.
- May reduce the amount of chlorine used in some pools
- Greatly reduces the need for backwashing.