The world-famous Katchakid Pool Safety Net is now available in Europe.
If you do not have a distributor or agent in your area we are pleased to offer our simplified Do-It-Yourself version of the Katchakid.
Fitting a Katchakid can be time consuming and relatively detailed as pool safety nets are custom installed during the installation process. For free-form pools, larger pools and pools with walls, rockeries and waterfalls a professional installation is required, carried out by a trained Katchakid Technician.
The Katchakid Do-It-Yourself kit is only sold for regular shaped pools. The maximum length of a DIY Katchakid is 13 meters (40 feet). The DIY Katchakid requires knowledge of using a power drill and standard tools. Fitting a DIY Katchakid is a physical job and calls for some strength. The Katchakid Pool Safety net uses horizontal tension across the pool so any decking or coping where anchors are to be placed must be sturdy, solid and in good repair.
Alternatively, you could ask your local Pool Company to fit the DIY Katchakid for you.
The Concept of Installing a DIY Katchakid
Imagine your pool in a rectangular box; cover that box with a rectangular mesh net while keeping all mesh running lines as straight and square as possible while custom shaping the net to your pool.
Installing a DIY Katchakid
The installation will take approximately 4-6 hours so only begin the installation process when you have plenty of time. Having an assistant to help in the installation will save you a lot of time.
As you will be working with electricity you will also need to watch the weather reports to make sure you choose a day when rain is not forecast.
Installation process of a DIY Katchakid can be divided into the following categories: -
- Anchor placement and Installation
- Positioning and securing the Katchakid
- Trimming the Katchakid
- Binding the edges of the Katchakid
- Finishing the edges of the Katchakid
- Closing the Fasteners
- Setting the Central Tensioning System
- Mounting the EZ-Roller and tying on the Start Disk
- Attaching the A.S.T.M. Labels
We recommend that you watch the Installation Video or DVD 2 or 3 times before beginning the installation, and read through the Installation Booklet to familiarise yourself with installation procedure.
Required Tools and Equipment
- Heavy Duty Hammer Drill *
- 20mm Concrete Drill Bit
- Soldering Iron
- Electrical Extension Cord with Ground Fault Interrupter
- Clear PVC solvent glue (for assembling the Roller Assembly)
- Epoxy or Cement (May be required for certain pool decking
- Water Pipe (If using a core drill)
* We recommend a heavy-duty hammer drill. For best possible results use a core drill with a diamond tipped drill bit. These drills can be rented on a daily basis from large hardware stores or Tool Hire depots. When using a core drill it is useful to use a wooden template to prevent the drill from sliding or skidding. A template can be produced from a 100mm x 100mm piece of wood with a 20mm hole drilled through it. If using a core drill you will require a water pipe (hosepipe).
If you are unsure of any part of the installation process we are here to help. A Katchakid Technician can be reached during office hours; 9am-2pm or on 657081514 anytime.